Bob’s at Deck 383 on the Intra-coastal waterway down in beautiful Murrell’s Inlet, South Carolina with Chef Jermaine Alston. Jermaine has an easy appetizer with local clams.
Chef Jermaine Alston
- 12 clams, medium size
- ¼ cup minced onions
- ¼ cup chopped green peppers
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Wash clams. Place in oven at 350 degrees until clams open. Remove meat from shells and set aside. Keep clam shells and clam juice.
- Add butter to a skillet over medium heat. Add onions, peppers and garlic. Saute until tender. Add clam juice and reduce half of the liquid. Set aside.
- Add calm meat back to shells. Add vegetable mix with clam juice on top of met. Top with bacon and parmesan cheese. Place back in oven, at 400 degrees, for 10 minutes. Serve with drawn butter or cocktail sauce.