CHOCOLATE SPICED OLIVE OIL CAKE
Chocolate 70% bitter sweet chocolate 8 oz
Semi-sweet chocolate 4 oz
Extra virgin olive oil 7 oz
Butter 1 oz
Sugar 4 oz
Mild chili powder 1 tsp
Eggs 5 each, whole
Salt ½ tsp.
1. melt olive oil and butter together and pour over
mixed chocolate, and chili powder. Cover
the bowl with clear wrap and allow the chocolate
to melt completely. If not fully melted complete
process over water bath.
2. Combine sugar with the whole eggs in a standing
mixer and whip until the egg mixture is quite thick
and forms ribbons.
3. Slowly fold egg mixture into the somewhat cooled
chocolate, so it is completely blended.
4. Pour into a spring form pan that has been covered on the
outside with foil. Line the inside with parchment
paper and non stick spray.
5. Put spring form pan in a water bath. Bake at 275 degrees
for 45 minutes or until the center if firm.
6. Allow to cool. Chill for 3 hours and serve with sweetened
cumin whipped creme