Duck Confit (recipe below) 8 ounces
Snow peas 6 ounces
Oyster mushrooms 4 ounces
Onion, green 2 each
Duck glace 6 ounces
Duck crackling 1 ounce
Potatoes, fingerling 10 ounces
Duck fat 3 ounces
Paprika, smoked ½ tsp.
Thyme, chopped ½ tsp.
Rosemary, chopped ½ tsp.
Parsley, chopped ½ tbs.
Salt & black pepper to taste
- Slice potatoes lengthwise and season with paprika, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Toss with two ounces of fat and place on a cookie sheet in 400 degree pre-heated oven. Roast for approximately 20 minutes until golden.
- Blanch snow peas and set aside.
- Slice mushrooms and onion. Sauté in remaining oil until caramelized.
- Add duck glace and peas to mushroom mixture and simmer until hot.
- Place duck on top of potatoes in bowl and pour mushroom and pea broth around duck.
- Top duck with parsley, crackling and serve.
Yield: 5 lbs.
(5 lbs. duck legs, and thighs)
Kosher Salt 3 ounces
Light Brown Sugar 3 ounces
Thyme 1 Tbs.
Garlic, cloves 3 minced
Pepper, coarse ground 2 ounces
Salt, pink ½ tsp.
- Mix all seasonings together and roll duck in seasoning mix coating well.
- Refrigerate for 2 days, rinse excess cure and blot dry.
- Sauté duck fat side down first to slightly brown, turn over and brown second side.