Elk Tip Salad with Olives and Feta Cheese
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large head Belgian endive, thinly sliced crosswise (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 3 cups fresh baby arugula or romaine
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces Feta cheese, coarsely crumbled
- Red Wine Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pound elk tenderloin tips grilled and chilled
In a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, romaine, red onion, baby arugula and cherry tomatoes, and half of the cheese. Toss the salad with enough vinaigrette to coat. Season the salad with salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange the salad on a platter.
Cut the steaks crosswise into thin slices. Arrange the steak slices atop the salad and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Drizzle more vinaigrette over the steak slices and serve.
Red Wine Vinaigrette:
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons honey
2 teaspoons salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 cup olive oil
Mix the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper in a blender. With the machine running, gradually blend in the oil.