Want some of the best ribs you’ve ever tasted? Try this recipe for K & J Longhorns Ultimate Rub Smoked Baby Back Ribs. Once you get your mouth on these ribs, you’ll wish you had a bigger stomach!
3-Slabs Baby Back Ribs
½-Cup K & J Longhorns Ultimate Rub
2-Cups Apple Juice
½-Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Prepare ribs by removing membrane and trimming away any large pieces of fat.
2. Rinse ribs and pat dry with paper towel.
3. Sprinkle ribs with Ultimate Rub.(don’t be selfish with rub)
4. Rub and massage rub into ribs coating them on all sides.
5. Place ribs in a non-reactive dish and cover.
6. Let marinate for at least 4 to 6 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
7. When ready to cook prepare smoker for smoking, bringing temperature to 250 deg. F.
8. Remove ribs from container and place on smoker membrane side down.
9. Sprinkle extra rub on top and close smoker.
10. Your goal is to maintain 225-250 deg F for a minimum of 4 hours.
11. When the rub has set approximately halfway through the cooking time, began to baste the ribs about every 30 minutes. It is best to use a spray bottle but, you can mop or brush on.
12. Turn ribs a couple of times during basting process.
13. Ribs are done when meat pulls back from bones.
14. Remove from smoker and let rest for 10 minutes before cutting.