KEY LIME-WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
For the crust:
1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup sugar
5 tablespoons butter, melted
For the filling:
1½ pounds cream cheese, room temperature
½ cup sugar
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 whole eggs, room temperature
2 egg yolks, room temperature
1# quality white chocolate, melted
6 ounces key lime juice, room temperature
2 tablespoons Meyer’s Dark Rum
- For the crust, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter and press into the bottom and up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- For the filling, using an electric mixer, cream together cream cheese, sugar, nutmeg, and vanilla extract.
- Add the room temperature eggs and yolks individually to the cream cheese mixture. Scrap the bowl often.
- To melt the white chocolate, pour chocolate into a microwave-safe container and cook in 30 seconds increments at half power, stirring between each cooking interval. Continue cooking and stirring until chocolate is smooth.
- Fold melted chocolate into the cream cheese base until completely incorporated.
- Combine key lime juice and rum and fold into the batter.
- Pour filling into the prepared crust. Bake at 325° F in a water bath for 50 minutes to an hour. The center should be set.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and cool for two hours on a wire rack. For best results, chill overnight before unmolding.